Free Meals for Children 18 and Younger Open to Whole Community

Free Meals for Children 18 and Younger Open to Whole Community

The Learning Center Charter School is an official site for meals available at no charge to anyone in the community who is 18 years old and under.

As part of the Nutrition Program through the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, more than 900,000 North Carolina students rely on the nutritious meals and snacks provided through the School Breakfast, School Lunch, and Afterschool Meals Programs. The Learning Center is an official site for the 2021-22 school year as part of the state program.

Anyone 18 years or younger in the community can receive free breakfast and lunch by calling the school at 835-7240 so that the nutrition staff on campus plans accordingly and prepares enough food. Details of pick up times and procedures will be given at that time. If your student is enrolled for school at The Learning Center, there is no need to call.

To learn more about North Carolina Department of Public Instruction food nutrition programs, visit .

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,

color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the , (AD-3027) found online at: , and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email: .

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

49 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
  • Our Blog